Pleasanton Stained Concrete Patio
The fact that many people are an option for decorative concrete is an indication that more people are spending their time outdoors. Of the many types of decorative concrete, the most affordable option is exterior staining. This also requires enough labor. If you are wondering how to choose the right option for your stained concrete patio, here are some of them. Contact us at (925) 961-5004 to get free estimates.
Acid Stained Concrete Patio
Few may argue that staining starts with acid staining. The acid stains are a coloring method that penetrates through the porous surface of the concrete. This is without a doubt one of the most durable coloring options. It is made up of eight colors and these colors can be diluted, blended, and tweaked to produce different coloring options. These acid stains will react chemically with different concrete pieces and the final color will be the evidence. This means that the final color will not be guaranteed. If you are the kind that prefers challenges, acid staining is a great option for you.
- Penetrates concrete canvas
- Very long-lasting
- Possible to use stain either indoor and outdoor
- It provides a translucent look to the surface of the concrete. This is unlike topical or painted stains
- Looks timeless
- Requires regular resealing
- Limited color option
- Not possible to predict the resulting color
- Has a different look in the interior and exterior
Water-based Acrylic Stains
This consists of nonreactive stains that will only get into the surface where the concrete pours are open. These types of colors have a wide range of color options. This option is becoming popular but it isn’t durable when used for an exterior application like it is the case with the traditional acid stain. Choose a good sealer that can preserve stains and always remember to hire a concrete contractor Pleasanton to reseal.
- Nontoxic and user-friendly
- More color options as compared to acid stones
- Doesn’t become black like acid stains
- Easily builds up. It can also add to the color with other forms of stains
- Wide range of color effects
- Less residue
- Doesn’t last long when used outside like it is the case with acid stains
- Shows the same translucent or variegated coloring like acid stains
- Usually more expensive
- Appears painted
- Requires sealer maintenance
No matter your option for stained concrete patios, you will need a professional concrete contractor Pleasanton to help you install them. One of the reputed names you should consider is Pleasanton Concrete and Masonry. We are a licensed, insured, and bonded masonry contractor Pleasanton. Call us today on (925) 961-5004 to discuss your project.