Pleasanton Stone Masonry
Today, the majority of stone buildings are veneers rather than just structural. This means that stonemasons near me cannot afford to follow the basic masonry principles to construct structurally sound walls that can withstand the test of time. Even though stone veneers aren’t structural; the most beautiful walls are the structural ones and meet the principles of the traditional stone masonry Pleasanton. Dial (925) 961-5004 to get free estimates.
Walls that show a higher stone craft level are the ones where each stone level is set like it is a key part of the wall's overall strength.
Great Masonry Tips
That said, several stone masonry tips can help to improve your structures. These are:
- Any sedimentary stones such as sandstone and limestone should be laid in a way that ensures their natural bedding planes are horizontal instead of vertical. The natural cleft should be left exposed.
- Don’t use running joints or blocks but a single stone, at last, each side of the vertical joint
- If there are more than 3 stones, don’t set them against a rise
- Ensure that you evenly distribute risers all over the wall. No stones of the same size should be grouped together
- If two stones are of the same size, they shouldn’t be put on top of one another.
- Vertical joints shouldn’t be lined up on alternate courses unless this is their design.
- Don’t allow risers to touch unless this is happening in openings and corners
- Horizontal joints shouldn’t run for more than 4 or 5 feet. Where possible break horizontals on the stretches between the doors and windows.
- Ensure that you have a reasonable bonding lap.
Hire Pleasanton Stone Masonry Contractor
Any good stone masonry project begins with choosing the right stone masonry contractor. At Pleasanton Concrete and Masonry, we have handled a wide range of projects. Our goal is to always meet and exceed the client’s expectations. You can call us on (925) 961-5004 for an obligation-free quote.